If you’re keen to try something new, stay active, and be more independent, our community support services could be what you’re looking for.
Call us today for your no obligation FREE consultancy.
Our social, community and recreational programs place you
at the centre of everything we do.
Our qualified team will encourage you to
- Actively be involved in designing the programs that you would like to do.
- Learn new skills – or to enhance the abilities you already have.
- Stay in touch with your family, friends and other important people in your life, and meeting new friends in your local community.
It’s your choice and control! so choose what activities you’d like to get involved with through our community support services - and our tailored plans can help you make it happen.
TLC works with individuals and families, friends and carers to promote opportunities for meaningful participation and active inclusion in society.
You can take your pick from a wide range of activities including:
- Joining a gym, sports team, or dance class,
- Learning about shopping, cooking, or travelling,
- Music and dancing programs,
- Learning about technology and computers,
- Learning about iPad apps and social media,
- Developing your communication skills,
- Volunteering &
- Much more
Community participation also benefits the community
The community as a whole benefits from inclusive arrangements, not just people with disability. In the broadest sense, inclusion can enhance Australia's 'social capital' by engaging more people within the community and, through that, better reflecting the community's diversity
Social capital relates to the social norms, networks and trust that facilitate cooperation within or between groups. It can generate benefits to the whole community by reducing transaction costs, promoting cooperative behaviour, diffusing knowledge and innovations, and through enhancements to personal wellbeing and associated spillovers (PC 2003a).